REVOLUTION FOODS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last Updated: July 1, 2008
Background. At Revolution Foods, we take privacy very seriously. Please read this Privacy Statement to learn more about how we treat personally identifiable information. We provide this Privacy Statement because you have a right to know what information we collect, how it is protected and used, and the circumstances under which it may be disclosed. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or concerns about our Privacy Statement, please contact our Privacy Director at email@example.com, or in writing at:
Privacy Director Revolution Foods
8393 Capwell Drive
Oakland, CA 94621
Online Privacy Standards. While there are no official standards governing privacy practices on the Internet, we follow the principles supported by the Federal Trade Commission’s Fair Information Practices Principles, currently available at http://www.ftc.gov/reports/privacy3/fairinfo.htm.
What This Statement Covers. This Statement covers Revolution Foods’ treatment of personally identifiable information that we obtain when you visit our website, revolutionfoods.com (the “Site”), (ON ALL INSTANCES), and when you become a user of the Revolution Foods school meal service (the “Service”). We regard personally identifiable information as information that someone can use to identify or contact you in person, such as real name, telephone number, birth date, email address,or physical mailing address.
What This Statement Does Not Cover. A key feature of the Service is provided through agreements with the schools and school districts that provide Revolution Foods’ meals to their students (“Participating Schools”). Please note that this Statement does not cover the privacy practices of third parties that we do not own or control, such as the Participating Schools. In addition, we may provide links to other websites that may interest our users. All of these third-party sites, including any Participating School site, operate independently of Revolution Foods and have their own privacy or security practices. For your best on-line experience, we encourage you to review their policies before submitting any personal information to them.
HOW AND WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
1. How We Collect Information Information Provided By Participating Schools. Participating Schools may provide Revolution Foods with information that is necessary for Revolution Foods to customize its system. Such information, if needed, is limited to the first name, last name, school name, grade, teacher’s name, and classroom number.
Information You Provide Through The Site. Any user can visit and browse our website at revfoods.com without providing any identifying information. If your child is enrolled in a Participating School, and you would like to order meals for your child, you will first need to create an account. In creating an account, we collect your first name, last name, email, phone number and address. You will also need to provide a unique username and password to log in to the system. You will then be required to enter a unique School ID that will be provided to you by Revolution Foods. After correctly entering your child’s School ID, you will be asked to identify your child by providing Revolution Foods with your child’s first name, last name, school code, grade, teacher’s name, and classroom number. If you wish to use a credit card to pay for these meals, you will also need to provide Revolution Foods with credit card account and billing information.
2. Information We Do Not Collect. Children Under 13. As explained further in our Terms of Service, which is available from a link on our homepage at revfoods.com, the Service is intended for users ages thirteen (13) years and older only. You must be at least thirteen (13) years of age or older to use the Service, or you must have the consent of a parent or guardian in order to use the Service. Revolution Foods does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a person under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we have information from or about anyone under 13 years of age, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address noted above in the first paragraph of this Privacy Statement.
Students Between the Ages of 13 and 18. We only accept information about students through accounts established by a parent or guardian of a student. If you are over 13 and under 18, you are not permitted to establish an account on the Site or provide information through the Site. Therefore, we recommend students over 13 and under 18 work with a parent or guardian when accessing the Site.
Social Security Number and Birth date. We do not ask for or require social security numbers or birth dates to use the Service or to the site. We also do not require that such information be provided to identify your child.
Log Files, Cookies, And The Like. We do not use log files, cookies, clear gifs, web beacons, or other analytic tools to gather information about visitors to the Site.
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
1. In Revolution Foods’ Communications. We use emails and/or prominent notifications on the Site as our primary means to inform our users of important announcements. We use your email address to deliver important system-related announcements. Example system-related announcements include: a request to reset a password, important security or server maintenance updates, or changes to this Privacy Statement or our Terms of Service.
2. To Pay for Meals. If you wish to pay for your child’s meal program using a credit card, you will need to provide Revolution Foods with credit card account and billing information. This information is used for the purposes of that transaction only. Revolution Foods does not store credit card information: your credit card information will need to be provided each time you create a new transaction. (Please see the next section below regarding sharing of information with our credit card merchant service.)
HOW INFORMATION IS SHARED AND DISCLOSED
1. With Third-Parties. Sharing, Renting, And Selling Information We Collect. We do not share, rent, or sell personally identifiable information we collect about our users or our user base. Occasionally we share anonymous, non-personal, aggregate information about our user base with Revolution Foods’ partners and in order to promote the Service to others. We do not tie this data to personally identifiable information.
Credit Card Transactions. All credit card transactions on the Site are performed by Dharma Merchant Services. You can learn more about Dharma at its website: http://www.dharmamerchantservices.com/. For the best online experience, we recommend that you review the privacy statements and terms of service at this and other websites you use online.
2. As Necessary In Certain Legal Circumstances. Legal Requirements. We reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Revolution Foods.
Acquisition Or Other Transfer. If Revolution Foods is acquired, all of its assets, including user information, may be transferred to the acquiring company. At that time, your user information, including personally identifiable information, may become subject to the acquiring company’s Privacy Statement. In addition, in the event that we must liquidate our assets due to bankruptcy or other event, we will consider our subscriber and membership information, including personally identifiable information, as a unique asset subject to sale or other transfer. Before we transfer your information under any of these scenarios, we will notify you either by email or by posting a notice on the Site at least 14 days before such change takes effect.
HOW INFORMATION IS KEPT SECURE
Security Of User Information. Your user information is password-protected. We will not share your password with anyone. Please do not share your password with anyone, and remember to change your password from time to time, to keep your user information secure.
Network Security. We have implemented a variety of commercially standard encryption and security technologies and procedures to protect information, including your personal information, stored in our computer systems from unauthorized access. Please be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, thus we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Management Procedures. We also maintain standard physical and electronic procedural safeguards that limit access to your personally identifiable information to our employees (including people working on our behalf and under confidentiality agreements) who, through the course of standard business activities, need to access your personally identifiable information.
YOUR PERSONAL CHOICES
Editing, Updating, Or Deleting User Profile Information. You can request changes to or the deletion of your personally identifiable information, by contacting our Privacy Director at the address and/or email noted in the opening paragraph of this Privacy Statement.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
Revolution Foods’ services are evolving and developing. From time to time, we will review and make changes to this Privacy Statement. When we do so, we will notify you either by email and/or by placing a prominent notice on the Site. The most recent version of our Privacy Statement is always available from a link on our homepage at revolutionfoods.com. We encourage you to visit this site frequently to stay up to date on our current Privacy Statement.