As we kick off Spring, our product development chef, Mariana Avila shares her go-to recipe for healthy and delicious Spring-inspired pancakes.
Making these pancakes is a great way to start the morning and utilize fruits that are in season.
"The fluffiness of the pancakes and tangy but sweet creaminess of the yogurt spread are the perfect combo with fresh fruit. It's a great breakfast to kick start any morning!" shares Chef Mariana.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Serving Size: 8ea. to 10ea. (4 inch) pancakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 small apricots, sliced (or any preferred fruit)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (or any preferred fruit)
1. Whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Combine egg, milk, canola oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
2. Preheat a griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease griddle. Pour batter by 1/2 cupful’s onto griddle; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, beat together cream cheese and yogurt. Spread over pancakes, top with apricots and strawberries.