Roasted Beet Hummus
For Every Kid Healthy Week, our product development chef, Mariana Avila shares her go-to recipe for roasted beet hummus.
This bright and colorful dip will entice kids and adults alike to eat their veggies. This versatile dip can be served with carrots, celery, snap peas, or broccoli for dipping.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40-60 minutes (roasting beets)
Total Time: 50-70 minutes
Serving Size: 3-4 cups total
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 small beets, roasted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tahini (optional)
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3-2/3 cup olive oil (depending on desired consistency)
- Salt to taste
- For the beets: Wash and scrub beets, place beets in a pouch of tinfoil and roast them in the oven for 40 to 60 minutes at 425 F. Once cooked, let the beets cool completely before peeling off the skin and adding them to the hummus mixture.
- Place the chickpeas, beets, tahini (if using), garlic, lemon juice, and salt into a food processor or blender.
- Start the food processor and slowly add half of the olive oil, let the mixture process for 1 minute while scraping down sides if needed.
- Continue processing, adding in the other half of olive oil, until hummus is smooth and creamy.
- Serve with your favorite spring vegetables such as carrot sticks, broccoli florets, edible-podded peas, or celery.
For more tasty recipes, check out our homemade yogurt pops and overnight oats with cinnamon and honey.