Kid-Friendly Overnight Oats with Cinnamon and Honey Recipe
Need a quick grab-and-go breakfast for the kiddos? These healthy overnight oats are it!
This delicious recipe is made with a blend of apples, almond milk, Greek yogurt and chia seeds that thicken in the refrigerator. Together they yield a delicious treat that both kids and adults will love.
Overnight Oats with Cinnamon and Honey
Prep time: 5 minutes
Refrigeration time: 4-8 hours
- 1/2 cup Rolled/Old-fashioned Oats
- 2/3 cup Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt
- ½-1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- For garnish add diced apples, raisins, extra cinnamon or a drizzle of maple syrup or honey
1. In a mixing bowl, stir together oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, vanilla, salt, vanilla extract, honey, and cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
2. The next morning, dice apples. Divide oat mixture among bowls, or mason jars. Top with apples, cinnamon, and honey.
Another option for the overnight oats is to divide mixture into bowl and heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until warm. Garnish with apples, cinnamon, and honey.
If you are pressed on time, ask your school administrators how they can bring Revolution Foods’ breakfast program to your school. Follow us on Facebook for more tasty recipes, tips for parents, and updates on how we’re impacting our communities.