Community & Partnerships
Boston, Meet Your New Neighbor!
Community & Partnerships
We’re excited to announce that we’ve officially moved into the neighborhood!
Revolution Foods has served fresh and healthy meals for students in Massachusetts since Fall 2014, starting with service to Commonwealth charter schools and expanding to serve Boston Public Schools in Fall 2017. This month, we expanded our operational capacity with a new culinary center located in the heart of Boston! Our 27,000 square foot state-of-the-art kitchen, production facility & office in Newmarket Square:
- Expanded capacity to produce more than 750,000 meals per week.
- Streamlined operations enabling a wider selection of fresh local and regional produce, high quality proteins, and rBST-free dairy products to produce meals that are culturally relevant to New England.
- Created over 80 new jobs in the Boston community.
To celebrate our deepened commitment to making nutritious meals available to students throughout New England, we hosted a gathering earlier this month with our key partners in expanding access in the greater Boston area. Over 25 community stakeholders, including BPS officials, charter school representatives, community partners and regional influencers joined us for a facility tour, culinary presentation by Chef Cliff, and a thoughtful and momentum-building partnership conversation. We’re thrilled to be a part of such a passionate and innovative food community and are looking forward to continuing the exciting conversations around areas of opportunity and collaboration.
"Since the beginning of our partnership, Revolution Foods has embraced our mission to make sure every student has access to healthy and nutritious foods in order to be well fed and successful in the classroom. We're committed to working together to improve the quality of our school food program and to delivering sustainable meals featuring local foods whenever possible."
– Tommy Chang, Superintendent, Boston Public Schools
In addition to opening the new culinary center, we’ve also met the following milestones in recent months:
- Served over 5.3 million meals across 108 campuses in Massachusetts, featuring chef-crafted and kid-inspired menu items, including mini cheese omelets with whole grain French toast sticks, chicken drumsticks with rice and collard greens, veggie chef salad, and BBQ-rubbed chicken breast sandwiches served on whole wheat buns.
- Hired Executive Chef and Vice President of Culinary Excellence, Chef Clifton Lyles, to steward culinary development and expand menu offering that are culturally relevant to Boston, including bean and cheese pupusas and sweet potato-crusted fish sandwiches.
- Partnered with the local community organizations, such as Food Corps, to develop nutrition education programs in schools including monthly vegetable tastings for students and families.
“From the start of our partnership in Fall 2014, Revolution Foods has committed to expanding their footprint in Massachusetts to support and we are thrilled to know they have accomplished that goal and are creating jobs right here in Boston. Revolution Foods and Match Charter Public School are aligned that all students deserve access to the highest quality meals, and Revolution Foods has provided not only delicious and diverse meals for our scholars, but has also been a strong partner in helping our operations teams to drive toward best in class food service programs.”
– Nnenna Ude, Executive Director, Match Charter Public School